Four suspects arrested for killing man in Minna

Four suspects arrested for killing man in Minna

By Aproko Man· 18 Aug 2026(updated 9m ago)· 2 min read· 👁 22 views
Sponsored — In Article

The police have arrested four people linked to the killing of a 30-year-old man, Sunday Pada, in the Korokpan area of Minna, Niger State.

Pada, who lived in Gogala village in Shiroro Local Government Area, was reportedly attacked and stabbed to death on 10 August, according to the police.

Wasiu Abiodun, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, shared this information in a crime bulletin on Tuesday.

Abiodun explained that the incident happened around 6:30 a.m. when some people in Korokpan allegedly attacked the victim.

"Police operatives from Paiko Division arrived at the scene, but the suspects had already run away before they got there," he said.

The victim was quickly taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The police later identified the suspects after three of them were found with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) during a raid in the area.

These three suspects were handed over to the police, while one more was arrested.

The suspects are Ibrahim Abubakar, Aliyu Onah, Godwin Musa, and Aminu Bawa, all from Korokpan, Minna.

The police said early investigations showed that the deceased was coming back from a friend's house when someone raised an alarm, accusing him of being a thief.

The suspects then stopped him, beat him badly, and stabbed him.

The four suspects are now being investigated at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) in Minna for alleged criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide.

The police stated that the investigation is still ongoing.

This incident has once again highlighted the dangers of mob action and the worries about residents taking the law into their own hands after unverified claims of crime.

The police have urged the public to report any suspected criminal activities to law enforcement instead of taking violent actions against alleged offenders.

The command mentioned that the suspects will be charged once the investigation is finished and if there is enough evidence against them.

However, the suspects are still considered innocent until a court proves them guilty.

Sponsored — Mid Article
Did you enjoy this gist?
A
Aproko Man

Bringing you the latest from the Politics and Metro desks.

Drop your comment

Your email won't be shown publicly. Comments may be reviewed before posting.

No comments yet — be the first to drop the gist 👇

Keep Reading