Shooting in Osogbo: Police Confirm One Death, Promise to Catch Suspects

Shooting in Osogbo: Police Confirm One Death, Promise to Catch Suspects

By Aproko Man· 19 Aug 2026(updated 8m ago)· 2 min read· 👁 19 views
Sponsored — In Article

The Osun State Police Command has started a serious investigation into a shooting that happened in Osogbo, Osun State.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abiodun Ojelabi, shared this in a statement for the Commissioner of Police (Election), Samuel Etaifo, on Wednesday evening.

"On Wednesday, 19th August 2026, at about 4:00 PM, the command got reports that one Tajudeen Yusuf, a 60-year-old man from Oke-Ayepe area, Osogbo, was shot by suspected hoodlums at Itaolokan area of Osogbo," the statement said.

The PPRO explained that earlier that day, the Governor of Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke, and his nephew, David Adeleke, known as Davido, visited the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun, at the palace.

"After the visit, one Adebayo Taoreed, who is also known as 'Small Rugged,' an ex-convict and a suspected thug from Eiye Confraternity, reportedly tried to get close to Davido but was stopped by his security team," the statement noted.

The PPRO added that the struggle attracted more suspected gang members nearby, who temporarily blocked the palace entrance and disrupted movement. The convoy managed to leave the area safely.

Ojelabi reported that the gang left but allegedly shot the victim afterward.

"Shortly after, the suspected gang members reportedly left the area. However, on their way, they allegedly shot Tajudeen Yusuf at Itaolokan area of Osogbo," it continued.

When the police got the report, they quickly sent a patrol team to the scene, where they found the victim lying in a pool of blood.

"He was rushed to the University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, for treatment, but sadly, the doctors confirmed him dead," the statement said.

Meanwhile, the PPRO said a full investigation is underway, and CP Etaifo promised that the attackers would be caught and punished.

"The command has started a full investigation into the incident and is working hard to identify and arrest the fleeing suspects," it added.

The Commissioner of Police (Election), Osun State Command, CP Samuel Etaifo, condemned the act and assured the public that the Command will use all resources to catch those responsible.

The statement also urged anyone with useful information to help the investigation to contact the police.

"The command encourages anyone with information that could assist the investigation to go to the nearest police station or reach out through official channels," it said.

"People are advised to stay calm and not take the law into their own hands. Further updates will come as the investigation unfolds," the statement concluded.

Sponsored — Mid Article
Did you enjoy this gist?
A
Aproko Man

Bringing you the latest from the Politics and Metro desks.

Drop your comment

Your email won't be shown publicly. Comments may be reviewed before posting.

No comments yet — be the first to drop the gist 👇

Keep Reading